Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #181
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Derek,

    I knew you'd sound that good!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  2. #182
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow derek, really jaw dropping drumming man!!!!, nothing to envy to the big guys!!

    very very impressive

  3. #183
    Inactive Member bouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2003
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI,
    nice playing, very good sound and touch, i like it. I'll give so much to play with this touch.
    great.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 20, 2004 04:33 PM: Message edited by: bouts ]</font>

  4. #184
    Inactive Member tombo74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    584
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very good playing Derek [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] .
    I like the sound of your trio and your nice "? la Bruford" snare sound.

    We definitely should hear more of yours and Steve's (Holmes) band/playing.

    I admire the fact that you guys settled in LA. That must be jungle out there. But I'm sure patience and dedication will pay off.

    This reminds me of a citation from a great drummer (Adam Nussbaum, I think) about his move to NYC: "I don't want to be the big fish in the aquarium, I want to swim with the sharks!!".

  5. #185
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I revisited two of my favorite arrangements,
    after being off the drums for a couple of weeks:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/olgamiguaganco6.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/paraqueescuchen10.mp3

    Man, it's cold down here!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 30, 2004 01:27 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  6. #186
    Inactive Member tombo74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    584
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Peter,
    I also started to play along Oiga mi guaguanco. What a great and challenging arrangement isn't it? Good job at yours!
    I try (I said TRY) to keep a left foot clave throughout the kicks [img]confused.gif[/img] !

    I don't know how cold is your place, but here we're just out of many days at -50C with the wind! Heat system could'nt keep up for the basement. Somebody has a tip for practicing with cold hands?

    Have you been out in one of those latin countries where the weather and the music are full of sunlight? [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  7. #187
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Bouts,
    Well it only took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to download Mind Control.
    Very nice playing on that man.
    Now, If I could only get the others to work from your mp3 page.

    This website is really an inspiration.
    I'm learning a lot.

  8. #188
    Inactive Member [UK]Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by PocketPlayer:



    Derek's Tunes Here
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nice. listened to them all - really like the running snare :>

  9. #189
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tombo,

    I am SO happy to hear that you
    are working at the Rumbero tunes.

    Yes, they ARE challenging. Please
    let me hear what you're doing and
    keep at it. They are treasures!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  10. #190
    Inactive Member ladanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2003
    Posts
    819
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I posted a SMALL clip (7 seconds) in the topic "Blushda" of my version of the infamous Blushda fill...don't listen to the singers as they are out of tune, but you know how that goes! Yes, I'm rushing the end of the fill too! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    But it sure is fun!

    Danny

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 02, 2004 01:22 AM: Message edited by: ladanny ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •